Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Opinion of This Situation

As a die-hard Yankees fan, I could not agree more with Steinbrenner. The truth is Joe Torre lost his fire. Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate all he did in the 90's but after the Subway Series in 2000, he seemed to not care as much as he once did. From what I had witness during the games, Torre was not contributing the same motivation and management as he did in the previous years. For example, in 2007 when the Yankees were playing against the Indians, there was a infestation of flying ants in the mound while Joba Chainberland was pitching. This was a important game for us and we blew it. Mainly because Torre did not speak up and ask for time-out when his pitcher clearly needed it. We ended up losing that game and also losing our spot in the Play-offs. That was the first time in 13 years that the Yankees did not get that far. In my opinion, firing Joe Torre was heaven sent.